Dr. John W. Puckett
Dr. Puckett was born in Prescott, Arizona and grew up in Phoenix.
He attended Pomona College and graduated with a B.A. in Zoology (cum laude). Dr. Puckett went back to Arizona for medical school at the University of Arizona. Upon graduation he was inducted into the medical honorary society, Alpha Omega Alpha.
Dr. Puckett completed internship and residency in General Surgery at Los Angeles County, USC Medical Center. During residency he worked with Dr. Max Gaspar, Chief of Vascular Surgery and became interested in specializing in Vascular Surgery. Dr. Puckett was accepted into Dr. Gaspar’s fellowship in Long Beach.
After fellowship Dr. Puckett joined Dr. Lindsay in private practice in South Orange County.
His outside interests include fly fishing, photography, barbequing, and Bluegrass music.
B.A., M.D., F.A.C.S.
American Board of Surgery, Vascular Surgery
Areas of Interest
- Carotid artery surgery
- Repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms by open and stent graft approach
- In situ saphenous vein bypasses for leg revascularization
- Dialysis access
Former Chief of the Subsection of Vascular Surgery and former Chairman of the Endovascular Advisory Committee. Current member of the Credentials Committee.
- Undergraduate: Pomona College, Claremont, California (cum laude)
- Medical School: University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona (alpha omega alpha)
- Internship: Surgical internship Los Angeles County, USC Medical Center
- Residency: General Surgery Los Angeles County, USC Medical Center
- Fellowship in Vascular Surgery: Drs. Gaspar, Movius, Rosental, Bell and Lemire, St. Mary’s Hospital in Long Beach